Exit Hwy. 67 South (West Henderson) off 174. This is a very attractive Works Progress Administration (WPA) rock stadium and its one of the only High stadium to have a Historical l Marker:
Yellow Jacket Stadium
In 1939, work began to replace Rhome Field, where
Cleburne high played home football games for twenty years.
The works projects administration (WPA) provided most
of the funding for the new $80,000 stadium built from
concrete and rough cut Somervell county limestone.
It opened in fall 1941, with ivy-covered stands, pilasters,
seating for 3800, ticket windows, and dressing rooms.
The stadium has hosted football games, other sports,
and community events. The 1959 state co-championship
team, coached by brooks Conover, played on this field.