Brogdon Field started construction in 1938. Works Progress Administration (WPA) Official Project No. 65-1-66-2823. The stadium was completed in 1941 just a few months before the beginning of World War II.
The project included a rock masonry fence with a concrete cap that encloses the athletic field. The fence is 8'-4" tall and 12" wide. The rock entrance and ticket booths has a WPA plaque that is dated 1938-1940. There is stadium seating on both sides of the field.
Brogdon Field was named after O. D. Brogdon, who was the Gorman school board President when the field was built.
Today Brogdon Field is still being used and is well maintained by Gorman ISD and the community. The 1926 foot long rock masonry wall is well maintained. A portion of the wall had to be removed to make room for the additional buildings. Care was taken to tie in the original wall with the newer construction.