I just spent a week at the Canyon of the Eagles Lodge and Nature Park. (May 2008) There were few campers in the park. For
several days it was only us and the camp host. Some may find that attractive. One thing that many may find as a negative is that it is pretty remote, about 16 miles of paved winding road to a highway intersection three miles from Burnet, Texas (pop 5500)
- The RV park has a great bath house with 8 individual bathrooms with showers and dressing areas.
- The park also has Wi-Fi if you know where to look. I could not use it at my campsite but I could use it if I went to the Lodge Court Yard or the store at the water front
- We were able to receive 2 or 3 Austin area television stations with our antenna.
- If you use a satellite disk, pick your camp site carefully. There are a lot of trees in the RV area.
- 24 Campsites (Water/Elect/Sewer)
Chimney Slough Camp Sites
- 23 Campsites (Water Only)
- 10 Campsites (No water/No electric)