Calera Chapel has been saved and restored and is simply beautiful. This was originally know as "Mission Mary" and was built in 1902 by the early resident of Calera. The church was served by Father Brocardus who rode the circuit on horseback or in a buggy, later in a Ford Model T. The church served the community until about 1940.
Mission Mary lay abandon for many years and fell into disrepair.
In 2002 Calera Foundation was formed to restore Mission Mary. The restored Calera was dedicated in 2003. It has become a popular site for small intimate weddings.